Friday, April 16, 2010

Let the lambing begin...

I was not planning on lambs this year, but my ram Saga had other plans. Sukki was the first to go and produced lovely male/female twins. One moorit and one piebald. Of course it was the coldest day we've had in weeks and they were pretty cold. They got some extra TLC and plenty of colostrum before I let them fend for themselves.








My neighbor, Val, was on hand with hot towels from the dryer (her idea thanks Val!) and she also finally captured me in action. After three years of lambing alone, it was nice to have some company! Someone finally witnessed my adeptness at milking colostrum one handed while wrangling a yearling new mother!

href="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_-MzNi2bXYFc/S8ipoGv7ibI/AAAAAAAAAcE/Rs7PJS50VvE/s1600/DSCF2041.JPG">

1 comment:

essay writing companies said...

you cant plan when the lambs are gonna give birth. Let them do what they are doing. It's nice to see you have supporting neighbours who are there to help .